- 4 tablespoons fat (coconut oil, ghee, etc.)
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ pound of cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ pound frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 ounces of Prosciutto di Parma
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- A regular 12 cup muffin tin
- Preheate the oven to 375°F and prep the veggies.
- Heat half the coconut oil over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet and sautée the onions until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook them until the mushroom moisture has evaporated. Then season the filling with salt and pepper and spoon it on a plate to cool to room temperature.
- For the batter, beat the eggs in a large bowl with coconut milk, coconut flour, salt, and pepper until well-mixed. Then add the sautéed mushrooms and spinach and stir to combine.
- Brush the remainder of the melted coconut oil onto the muffin tin and line each cup with prosciutto, taking care to cover the bottom and sides completely.
- Spoon in the frittata batter and top each muffin with some halved cherry tomatoes.
- Pop the muffins in the oven for about 20 minutes flipping the tray at the halfway point.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for a couple minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.