This crust is slightly golden crisp at the edge, with a tender, flexible middle. Not too thick and not too thin. You can hold a slice in your hand and bite.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a round pizza stone or cookie sheet.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk to blend together.
- Add eggs and almond milk to the dry ingredients. Mix well. (The batter will be runny–not like typical pizza dough! don’t be alarmed!!)
- Use a spatula to spread batter onto greased pan/stone/cookie sheet. Spread the batter super thin.
- Bake crust in preheated oven 10-14 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and top with sauce and desired toppings.
- Brush the pizza shell with extra virgin olive oil. Season with sea salt and fresh garlic.
- Sprinkle with Italian herbs.
- Top with your choice of fresh vegetables and herbs (and sauce, cooked meat etc).
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil all over the top.
- Bake the crust for another 6-10 minutes.
- Remove the crust and preheat the broiler. Once the broiler is ready put crust in for 3-7 minutes depending on how you like your golden crunchy crust.