SERVES 3-4 : PREP time: 25 min : COOK time: 15 min
- 2 parsnips, peeled (130 grams)
- 2 large carrots, peeled (240 grams)
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat, melted (or butter, ghee, coconut oil, etc.)
- 2/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Paleo Chef Sriracha (add more for more spice)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 pound cod, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- chopped green onions, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel parsnips and carrots. With the parsnips, cut around the core, they are bit tough. Cut carrots and parsnips into pieces, no rhyme or reason. Toss in bacon fat to coat. Sprinkle with salt and place in oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- While vegetables cook, in a tall container, avocado oil, egg, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic powder, and a bit of salt and pepper. Place an immersion blender to the bottom of the container, turn on and wait until the mixture thickens. You may need to raise the immersion blender a bit to help mix all of the oil.
- Once mayo has thickened, fold in sriracha, red pepper flakes, and chili powder. Fold in 1/4 cup of sliced almonds, leaving behind some to top of the fish later on.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Place cod on the baking sheet. Spread on the sriracha mayo onto each piece of cod. Sprinkle with the rest of the sliced almonds.
- Remove vegetables from oven, reduce oven heat to 350 degrees, place fish in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until fish is flaky.
- Place carrots and parsnips in food processor or blender and puree, scraping down the sides as needed. Add vegetable broth along withsome salt and pepper. Puree until as smooth as possible.
- Place flaky fish over parsnip carrot puree. Top with green onions.