SERVES 4 : PREP time: 24 hrs : COOK time: 20 min
Ingredients for the marinade:
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 (14 ounce) can of full fat coconut milk
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Ingredients for the salad:
- 6-8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Dressing of choice (Paleo)
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together and place in ziploc bag and into the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Heat up grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Pull chicken out of marinade, salt chicken on both sides with just a pinch of salt, and place onto pan to cook for 8-10 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts. Cook until no pink remains or the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Halfway through the cooking process for the chicken, pull the diced jalapeños out of the marinade and place on grill to cook on both sides for about 3-5 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, get the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Once chicken is cooked through, let rest for a couple minutes then slice and serve with salad ingredients and top with grilled jalapeños.