- 1 large butternut squash
- 3 carrots
- 2-2.5 cups stock (chicken, turkey or veggie…organic and low sodium if possible or make your own)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (can, not carton, optional)
- 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground sage
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- Coconut oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Peel, seed and chop the butternut squash into approximately 1 inch cubes.
- Cut carrot into 1 inch lengths.
- Put squash and carrots onto baking sheet. Drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast for ~30-45 minutes on until soft and caramelized (honestly this depends on your oven).
- Remove and allow to cool. If you have a blender or Vitamix, you can probably do the next step in one batch. If using a food pro, you may have to do multiple smaller batches.
- Place roasted veggies, stock, coconut milk (optional), cinnamon, sage, nutmeg and a little cracked pepper into the Vitamix/blender.
- Process for 3-4 minutes, adjusting the amount of stock if necessary to thin the soup out a bit. The result should be a smooth consistency.